What The Fund Is
The Greater Boise Rotary Foundation (GBRF) is a charitable endowment fund that provides support to community programs and organizations in Ada County.
The mission of the Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
The funding objectives of the Foundation are to provide:
- Support for fine and performing arts, including music, theater and dance
- Educational opportunities for all ages
- Health, caring and social services for senior citizens and others in need
- Outdoor and recreational improvements
- College scholarships for promising students at Boise State University
- Programs that enrich the lives and futures of youth
The Greater Boise Rotary Foundation was formed as a 501(c)3 corporation in 1984 to allow Rotarians and friends to support projects throughout Ada County on a tax-deductible basis. Since inception, the Foundation has issued more than $400,000 in grants, and has an endowment exceeding $750,000.
All seven Rotary Clubs in Ada County participate in GBRF and are represented on its Board of Directors.
Just a few organizations receiving GBRF grants are:
- Treasure Valley YMCA Anser Charter School
- Women’s & Children’s Alliance Ride for Joy
- Peregrine Fund Boys & Girls Club
- Discovery Center of Idaho Boise Bicycle Project
- Learning Lab BSD Free Dental Project
- Assistance League of Boise Zoo Boise
- Idaho Botanical Gardens Mini Joys
- Good Samaritan Home Bob Gibb Scholarships
- First Tee Genesis World Mission
- Idaho Shakespeare Festival Destitute Duffel
- Habitat for Humanity Idaho Inmate Education
All Rotarians are encouraged to make annual donations to GBRF, and those donating $1000 or more are honored by Rotary as Bob Gibb Fellows. Rotarians may also donate $1,000 to honor others with a Paul Harris Fellowship.
Request A Grant
Grants are awarded based upon the alignment of proposal objectives with the Foundation’s Funding Objectives and the ideals of Rotary, and also upon the quality of the requesting entity’s organization and management. Priority may be given to programs not substantially funded from other sources.
Typical grant awards are in the range of $1,000 to $3,000 and are on a one-time basis. No requestor should assume that receipt of a grant implies continued support in ongoing years.
The annual deadline for receipt of applications is March 15th. Award decisions are finalized in early May and funds are distributed at Rotary Club meetings during the month of June.
GBRF Generally Supports:
Non-Profit organization principally active in Ada County who service areas include:
- Education & Youth
- Arts and Culture
- Health, Caring and Social Services
- Recreation and Outdoor Activities
For more information
or to request an application, please visit: The Greater Boise Rotary Foundation Website