Rotary of Boise supports a wide variety of programs both at the local and international levels. Rotarians have many opportunities to support the projects that are most meaningful to them, either financially or with hands-on, “get down & dirty” work.
A few current & recent local projects include:
- Dictionary Project – donates dictionaries to 3rd graders in Boise elementary schools
- Rotary Century Scholars – honors the top 100 graduating seniors in the Boise School District
- Rake-Up-Boise & Paint the Town
- Ethics in Business – honors businesses that promote the highest level of ethics
- Salvation Army Bell Ringers
- Veterans Memorial Walk Archway in Veteran’s Park
- Julia Davis Rotary Grand Plaza
- Whitney School Reading Program
- Willow Lane Soccer Complex
Many Boise Rotarians have traveled far & wide to provide much-needed resources to communities across the globe.
A few of our international projects include:
- Ecuador – established channels to transport used medical equipment
- Mexico – donated & delivered two buses loaded with school supplies
- South Africa – gave support to the Small Village Foundation for orphan preschool & water purification systems
- Ecuador – purchased & delivered sewing machines for El Parvulario School in Quito
- Mexico – provided hearing aids for school for deaf & blind children
- Haiti – raised $5,000 for tsunami relief
- Guatemala – donated refurbished dental equipment
While quarterly charges to members support these projects, funding continues to be a challenge. Additional financial contributions allow us to continue & expand our projects, both locally and internationally.
Committees falling under the “Financial Support” umbrella include the Budget Committee, Rotary International Foundation Committee, Greater Boise Rotary Foundation Committee, and Julia Davis Rotary Grand Plaza Fundraising Committee. For more information about the Finance Committees, contact Marcia Wing at email@example.com or 208-384-0362.